The unsolved mysteries of the universe

0
117
views
The unsolved mysteries of the universe

The unsolved mysteries of the universe

Observe the universe and see that it conceals unimaginable mysteries, though the man hastens to find new ones and understand some. Dark energy and cosmic rays, black holes, and parallel universes are just some of the questions still in the search for answers.

Dark energy

The unsolved mysteries of the universe, dark energy

What is dark energy? A possible explanation by astronomers is that, thanks to its ever-increasing speed, this energy can really explain the accelerated expansion of the universe. However, this strength has not yet been detected directly.

 

Dark matter

The unsolved mysteries of the universe, dark matter

Dark energy occupies 73 percent of the universe, dark matter is 23 percent. Even though the dark matter has a mass, astronomers add that cannot be seen. Its presence can only be deduced on the basis of the gravitational attraction force exercising on normal matter. So far, all its properties are unknown.

The mystery of the baryons

The unsolved mysteries of the universe, bayronic matter

Together, energy and dark matter occupy about 95 percent of the universe. It remains to find out who / what is the remaining 5 percent. The researchers argue that this lack of material is called “baryonic matter”, consisting of particles, such as protons and electrons, which constitute the majority of the mass of visible matter of the universe. Probably the baryonic matter might be among the galaxies. But the subject is much debated.

Star Explosion

The unsolved mysteries of the universe

When a star is at the end of his life, the explosions that follow are called supernova. This is a phenomenon of tremendous reach and incredibly bright. Though today, thanks to modern technology, more light has been made on these events, the mystery remains of what leads to the explosion itself. What happens, in fact, to a star when it’s about to disappear, leaving room for a supernova?

Re-ionized Universe

The unsolved mysteries of the universe

It is commonly argued that about 13 billion years ago, the phenomenon of so-called “re-ionization age” has occurred. Over time, we have tried to understand what has led to this event occurring.

Cosmic rays

The unsolved mysteries of the universe

Cosmic rays are high energy particles flowing into our solar system. They reach 100 million times more energy than other particles. Although with many doubts, over the years, astronomers have tried to explain where cosmic rays came from before entering the solar system.

Odds of the solar system

The unsolved mysteries of the universe

The differences between the planets within our solar system is really disconcerting and does not seem to have any logical explanation. In an attempt to better understand what’s around us, scientists have been studying for some time the way the planets are formed, hoping to seize the unique features of our solar system. And, perhaps, come up also in extrasolar planetary systems.

Solar crown

The unsolved mysteries of the universe

Why is the solar crown so hot? With its 6 million degrees Celsius, solar physicists are trying to figure out how our star can heat his crown in this way. Probably, a possible bond is in the energy immediately below the visible surface and the processes in the magnetic field. However, the mechanisms need to be understood.

Leave a Reply